Happy New Year two and a half weeks into the next decade. Expecting a lot to happen in the coming months, all of which is out of budget but is all really cool to read, form an unbiased opinion, and blog about anyways.

Ok, so I thought that I would have done a field test with the Tascam DR-07 audio recorder like I said I would in my pervious post. This thing called "work" sort of got in the way of it and I haven't been able to put together my story. I have the story all set, but getting to it has been back burner.

The idea was to go to the local skate park, which happens to be Rye Airfield in Rye, New Hampshire. It is a massive indoor skate park in what used to be an airplane hanger. The concept I have worked up is what do kids that go to skate parks when it's warm out do when the "season" changes? So this is briefly what I came up with. I want to take my camera and recorder and capture images of BMX bikers and skateboarders doing tricks and interacting, as well as capturing natural sound from the bikes and skateboards grinding on metal rails and ledges to landing on ramps and maybe a crash too.

Then come the interviews... My favorite part. Finding someone that will talk to me, but not just talk to me, go to a quiet part of the park and answer a few questions. I mean they aren't hard questions, it is just hard when there is music blaring or someone is speaking over the loud speaker. It may have its challenges, but I'm confident, once I can figure out work and school and getting back here.

It's an interesting project, and I can't wait to put into practice. I've used everything so far, except the biggie, the audio recorder. Then, I'll be able to put together a nice multimedia slideshow of the transition from summer to winter for BMX bikers and skateboarders.

Should be exciting.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment