Well it certainly has been a while since I've done this blogging thing, time to get back to it.

So a few days ago Canon FINALLY released the press release for the Canon 1D Mark IV. I have been waiting so long for this flow of information to scroll down my screen. I have read rumors from different blogs, but now, now I have the full details. Some were a little disappointing to what Nikon has done, especially with the ability to shoot either in full frame or 1.3x crop, but Canon finally has it out!! And I can't wait to get my greedy hands on it...
dpreview.com photo
Oh yeah, it's $5,000. I'll just put that on the combined birthday/Christmas list. As soon as I get out of college I just want be able to put down the camera and hear, "You're hired!" Wishful thinking, but what a great world it would be!

I mean this camera does everything that I would love in a camera, fast frames per second, up to 28 RAW files, AWESOME. Weather sealed for all those crappy weather days that seem to creep up in New England, especially when shooting sports. A bigger sensor than the camera I currently own now, a bonus already. An ISO rating that can be expanded from 50 to 102,400, totally unbelievable, absolutely insane. What are the the possible applications of an ISO that high? You'd have to be in a really dark place and that be the last option to get an image. SHOOTS 1080p HD VIDEO! As a photojournalist, video is becoming a huge part of our industry, and beginning able to do both rather than one or the other makes someone that much more marketable. Not having to carry around a video camera, but be able to use this, fire a frame if need be and continue recording, this is the way conventional photojournalism is heading. It isn't the first camera to have it, but it is the only of the two heavy hitters, Canon versus Nikon to have the 1o80p in a flagship body.

Finally, Pulitzer winning photographer Vincent Laforet shot a video with the Canon 1D Mark IV called Nocturne, which you can watch right here:
The 1D Mark IV, under crappy light and a highish ISO, it's crystal clear.
Then Canon, Inc (Canon Japan) comes out with this:
No where close to what Laforet was able to beautifully put together. When I saw it, I had to run to the top of my stairs, make a hard left, and pray that the toilet bowl was up because what I saw done with a camera changed my view on photography completely. So of course the Japanese got super jealous and asked him to take it down. He did, I guess I would too if I get to try and keep all the new stuff Canon is putting out. Still, I'd be pissed, especially because a lot of that was his budget.

How are they going to get every single person that has uploaded it to all the video hosting sites? The jokes on them now!

Well I think I need to take some more Pepto and lay down, watching Canon, Inc's video is making my nauseous.

Oh, read and weep Nikonians. The Canon 1D Mark IV press release.

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment